Want the "deets" on the Deets family? The purpose of this blog is to share our life with family and friends.







Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Homemade Tomato Basil Hummus

I highly recommend making your own hummus. It's fast and easy. Tonight I made a tomato basil version.


Here is the recipe

1 can of garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
1 cup of tomatoes chopped
1 small bunch of basil
1/2 C shredded mozzarella
1 t salt
1 t pepper
1 t garlic salt
1 C to 1 and 1/4 C olive oil
1 or 2 T balsamic vinegar

Process all ingredients together, but wait until the end to add the olive oil. While the hummus is processing, slowly stream in olive oil. Use as much as you want depending on the consistency you are looking for. I used about a 3/4 of a cup because I like mine a little thicker. I also added some balsamic vinegar. This is optional, but I think it adds a little something extra.




No comments:

Post a Comment