Want the "deets" on the Deets family? The purpose of this blog is to share our life with family and friends.







Monday, June 24, 2013

Encrusted Salmon Fillets

Courtesy of HyVee Seasons Magazine

I'm on a mission to eat more seafood. I absolutely love it and don't eat enough. I'm not a big beef eater so I mainly nosh on chicken and pork. That's starting to get old. I guess cooking with seafood intimidates me and that's why I don't do it more. I've been searching for fast and easy recipes and I stumbled across this at the local HyVee. PS- I LOVE HyVee! I wish they had them in STL.
I think I'm going to shop there from now on while we're living here. The people are super friendly and the prices are decent. The Seasons Magazines are free at your local store, so I highly recommend picking one up.

4 (5 to 6 ounce) salmon fillets
2 T Dijon Mustard
Black Pepper
1/3 Finely Chopped Walnuts
1/3 Panko Bread Crumbs
3 T Chopped Dill
2 T Chopped Parsley
4 tsp olive oil
1/8 tsp salt
4 Lemon Wedges

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a foil lined baking pan, place salmon, skin side down. Brush top of each fillet with 1/2 T mustard; sprinkle with black pepper.

In a small bowl, stir together walnuts, bread crumbs, dill, parsley, oil, and salt. Divide mixture between fillets and pat firmly onto top of salmon.

Bake for 12-15 minutes or until crust begins to brown and fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lemon wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment