Want the "deets" on the Deets family? The purpose of this blog is to share our life with family and friends.







Sunday, June 10, 2012

Blueberry Cake Loaf

I made two loaves of this tonight. I love blueberries so much! Zac and I stopped at a local farmers market today and I picked up some fresh blueberries to use in this bread! I'll post a picture later. I hope everyone had a great Sunday! I realize I have been seriously slacking lately on posts.
Ingredients:
1/2 C Butter
1 C Sugar
2 Eggs
1/2 C Milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 C fresh or frozen blueberries
Topping: 2 tsp sugar and 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Directions:
In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar, Beat in eggs, milk, and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder. Add to creamed mixture just until combined. Gently fold in blueberries. Pour into a greased loaf pan. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment