Want the "deets" on the Deets family? The purpose of this blog is to share our life with family and friends.







Tuesday, June 12, 2012

White Chip Island Cookies

Tomorrow is dessert day at work and I plan to win first prize of course. I did cheat a little and I'm using a Nestle Toll House recipe....so I give them the credit, but I am making homemade cookies so I don't feel like a cop out and work. Plus that's just not my style ;)

1 2/3 Cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 Cup (1 1/2 sticks) of butter softened
3/4 Cup packed brown sugar
3/4 Cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg (room temp) Trust me, cookies turn out better. I learned this from Ina Garten
1 Package white chocolate chips
1 Cup flaked coconut, toasted, if desired
3/4 Cup chopped macadamia nuts

Preheat oven to 375
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
Beat butter, brown sugar, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl until creamed.
Add the egg and mix just until combine. Slowly add in flour mixture and beat until just combine.
STIR in chips, coconut, and nuts.

Bake 8-11 minutes until edges are slightly browned. Allow to cool 2 minutes on the tray and then move cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.

ENJOY!



1 comment:

  1. Yummmm! These sound so good! We have to do gluten free in my house (so no flour) but I will try it with my GF flour :)

    ReplyDelete