Want the "deets" on the Deets family? The purpose of this blog is to share our life with family and friends.







Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pregnancy Smoothie

My goal is to eat healthy in general, but since I've been pregnant, I've been really focused on eating foods that pack a nutritional punch. I want our baby to get the best of the best. Of course every now and then he or she is going to get some Chick-Fil-A. No one is perfect ;)
Tonight I made what I'm calling a pregnancy smoothie. You can use whatever fruits/veggies you would like, but here is what I used.

Vanilla Almond Milk
Raw Agave
Plain Fat Free Greek Yogurt
Blueberries
Strawberries
Banana (not pictured-whoops)
Spinach
A Few Ice Cubes
My Trusty Magic Bullet

I didn't measure anything out....I literally crammed as much of the ingredients as I could into the blender cup. I know spinach seems strange, but trust me you can't even taste it. Try and squeeze a cup or so into your smoothie. Spinach is loaded with vitamin A, C, and E, iron, calcium, folic acid, and protein.

I'm going to try and drink one everyday. If you don't have a Magic Bullet...get one! I use it all the time for smoothies, homemade salad dressings, salsa, etc...

Please don't be turned off by its strange color. I know it looks not so good. Ignore the appearance because it is delicious and you body will love you for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment