Want the "deets" on the Deets family? The purpose of this blog is to share our life with family and friends.







Sunday, December 9, 2012

Nursery

We started working on the nursery this summer and I'm sooooooo glad we did. My advice to future moms... do stuff while you feel good! I'm not much of a waiting til the last minute type of person anyway, but I'm really glad we did so much so early. I'm pretty uncomfortable and I can't imagine having to work on the room at this point. Overall I'm happy with the way it turned out. There are a few photo frames left to fill and some that still need to be hung on the wall, but other than that...we are ready for Henry! The inspiration for his room mostly came from Pinterest and my love of giraffes. I knew I wanted to do grey and mustard. We left the walls alone as they were already painted a light blue color. I will admit that the walls would look better grey, but the thought of repainting ANOTHER room in our house was too much to deal with...so we went with it.
I wish there were some more mustard accents, but oh well. I like that its eclectic and many of the items were homemade.

The crib is from WalMart and the sheets are from Pottery Barn

The little side tables were already in the guest room being used as night stands. We spray painted one expresso to match the white and brown crib.

 
This griaffe came from a consignment shop for $25


The book/toy shelf is from IKEA



 
The glider is from WalMart as well
 
The lamp was $12 from Target and I stenciled some grey and blue paint designs onto the plain white shade.
 
 
The changing station came from WalMart and it is FULL of diapers and clothing
 
These cute chevron giraffe prints came from Etsy : )
 
This came from Etsy as well. I LOVE it

 
I'm hoping this will develop into more of a gallery wall eventually as I find more things I like and want to hang on the wall. The H on the left was made by me. The middle square is canvas wrapped in scrapbook paper. The top frame is simply filled with scrapbook paper and the bottom frame will evetually have a photo of baby Henry in it. 

 
The closet...
 
I tried to organize it as much as possible.

 
The mirror was on clearance at Target, originally colored white, and I just spray painted it bronze.

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Your dorky friend just got all teary eyed looking at this :'( Wish we lived closer so I could come visit easier and rock Henry in that chair and chat with you about your life as a mom....ok now the tears have fallen...love you...miss you....

    ReplyDelete